Sunday 23 April 2017

Feathered birthday wishes

Our nephew is having a "nearly" milestone birthday at the end of the month and I thought this might bring a smile to his face.


... no, you're not seeing things, 
I have used this bird and sentiment combo before
and it always makes me smile :)
I made a larger version of this card last year (HERE) and because it was for my husband, I am able to include it in my pic again today, so that you can see them together.


The best thing about scaling it down is that I could use a pre-scored card base with matching envelope and more importantly, it is suitable for going through the post without being packaged as a parcel.  Apart from being smaller, I have matted the inside with black textured cardstock, added a die cut sentiment in bright yellow and written with white gel pen.


The digital stamps I used are the Cool Chicks set from Beccy's Place.
I sized and positioned the Bea image and sentiment using Adobe Photoshop,
printed on X-Press It blending card, "set" using my heat tool and
coloured with Copic markers.  

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Beccy's Place - digital stamp - Bea Bird image from the Cool Chicks
X-Press It - A5 blending card
Copic markers - Bea Bird - Y11 Y13 Y15
Copic markers - beak - Y17 YR23
Copic markers - legs - YR23 YR24
Copic markers - claws -
Kaisercraft - 12x12 patterned paper - Pop! Collection - Party Time
I confess, I LOVE this paper and have bought some more sheets
American Crafts - textured cardstock
Perfect Layers Rulers
Sizzix Big Shot
Kaisercraft - Release Paper
Couture Creations - intricutz dies - Happy Birthday Title
Helmar 450 Quick Dry (liquid adhesive)
foam squares (under sentiment panel)
Tombow Mono Multi Adhesive (to adhere the die cut sentiment inside)

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges (alphabetical order):

22 comments:

  1. It's a great card Tracy, I can definitely understand why you would want to re-create it. I've used the same word and image combo a couple of times myself.
    I love the yellow paper you've used and I think the black mats set everything off perfectly. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beccy :)
      Yes, I think I will be making some of these, still have a couple of sheets of this pretty yellow paper in my stash.

      Delete
  2. That image and sentiment are a cute combo with the bg paper. I also like the idea for the inside - may have to borrow that one! Thanks for joining us again this week at the QKR Stampede weekly Anything Goes (with feathered friends optional) challenge. Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's just sooo funny, Tracy! Loving all the yellow. It's terrific to see you playing along in our "Anything Goes or Feathered Friends" challenge at QKR Stampede. Hope to see you again and I'm wishing you good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really made me laugh out loud - the expression on the bird's face is just perfect with that sentiment, and the lovely happy colour scheme makes it a really cheerful card. Thanks for sharing again at Quirky Crafts
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card with a fun image - thanks for sharing again at Quirky Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe this is definitely quirky and I am sure it will bring a smile to his face! this is such a brilliant image for the sentiment,


    Thanks for joiing in my challenge at Quirky Crafts,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your super fun card with us at Creative Moment.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is way too adorable!! Love it!
    Thank you for playing with STAMPlorations April Theme & Sketch Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card Tracy! Thanks for sharing with us at Morgan's ArtWorld!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute!! Thanks so much for participating in our SASAYAKI GLITTER challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.